Our Portland Attorneys Fight Race Discrimination
Oregon lawyers help ensure our clients are treated equally
All workers in America are entitled to equal treatment. That’s not an opinion, it’s the law. Bullman Law Firm, Attorney For Workers, Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment fights to stamp out race discrimination. We handle race discrimination cases in employment at the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) and in court, examples include:
- Unfair pay
- Unfair discipline
- Denied promotion
- Any other way you are mistreated in the terms and conditions of your employment because of race.
- Race discrimination also includes race harassment, such as racial slurs, jokes, hateful symbols like a noose, comments, cartoons, threats, violence or stereotypes.
Advocating fair employment practices
While much progress has been made in establishing equality in the workplace, race discrimination still occurs in many areas and in many ways. We represent clients who’ve suffered discrimination over issues such as:
- Hiring – When hiring decisions seem to disproportionately affect one race, or exclude one race, discrimination may be at play.
- Firing – When layoffs or terminations seem to disproportionately affect one race, or exclude one race, discrimination may be at play.
- Pay – A person’s race cannot be a factor in determining his or her salary or wages.
- Promotion – If promotions seem to be going to employees of one race, or that one race seems excluded, discrimination may be a factor.
- Racial harassment – Perpetrating or tolerating this behavior is considered discrimination under state and federal law. Unwanted racial conduct in the workplace is illegal if it is meant as a condition of employment or becomes so pervasive that it creates a hostile environment.
Contact our determined fighters for racial equality
To schedule a consultation to discuss your discrimination claim with Bullman Law Firm, Attorney For Workers, Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, call our Portland, Oregon office at 503-987-0000 or contact us online.